20.5.13

Roll, roll, rocks & ... clay!

Music by_ David Brubeck _ unsquared dance 
As the clay that you have to roll and roll no squared angles! :P

What a windy, rainy and also sunny weekend... I should have been in Madrid selling my pieces however I'm sick, then I have to stay at home. Don't worry my friends I will be ok in a couple of days,  matters that appear when I'm travelling without control and jumping from one place to another... And what does it mean? Drinking lots of herbal teas admiring ceramic cups and plates... so here we go!



A post that talks about ceramics, means... even if I cannot eat cakes right now, my stomach doesn't allow me to eat it... a rocky recipe, the marble cake!!! You know , in order to get a ceramic piece it's known that you have to use clay... by itself or mixed with another materials... so I thought... mmm ... marble cake! there's a connection between rocks and minerals, right? :P 




What about when ceramic pieces stay natural and their style is minimal, you can keep then images and will be part of your memories for long time. That happened to me with this artist.




Every Xmas or important date my mum always has brought on the table the amazing and vintage dinner service. Since I've been a child I've adored those pieces, with the magic gold line surrounding the edge. I found this artist who keep his work as minimal as he can, white and a touch of gold; using materials to their maximum potencial without compromising the quality finish.





Geometrical pieces, as I love, hand built in porcelain, glazed and high fired by Janelle Grambling, an artist who is a great designer of clothes, jewelry... and look at those nice ceramics pieces!! 





Simplicity in art making but very deep and interesting development in her career has lead  this artist to create these nice pieces. If you have a look to her pieces you will notice an architectural influence ;) 



Nature inspiration and influece comes to meet some of her pieces. These two little branch - wood porcelain spoons are simply adorable.





There's much more than a piece when you know the artist who make it. Cyrcle brand is developed by Isa, an artist from Granada, and.. who is not going to get a good inspiration form such a wonderful city?? ;)
She works with clay mixed with manganese between others to get these black handcarved lovely pieces. Something reminds me of ancient pieces which have been got straight from the rocks and of course I like it!  :D




That's all my friends! I hope clay makers and lovers enjoy this video! ;)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, beautiful ceramics in your post! Thanks so much for including mine!!! :) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete